Did you know the Kentucky Derby can offer and beautifully sophisticated wedding theme?
The Kentucky Derby takes place on May 2nd – and although this may not seem like your typical wedding occasion, it can definitely make for a truly remarkable and unforgettable event. How to pull off a Kentucky Derby-themed wedding in a sophisticated and beautiful way? We have some ideas for you – so read on if you need some inspiration.
• Masculine invitations. Wedding invitations are very often floral and quite feminine – but that doesn’t mean you have to stick to the norm. Create invitations that beautifully incorporate masculine touches and leather – they will be more than impressive for your guests!
• Equestrian life. Choosing a rustic wedding venue is key for the success of your Kentucky Derby-themed wedding – so take advantage of this and bring some equestrian touches into the Big Day too. Gorgeously “dressed up” horses can make the atmosphere at your wedding feel really well incorporated with the natural surroundings and they can surely add a unique touch to your special event!
• Pretty florals. Want your Kentucky Derby-themed wedding to be decorated with flowers that complement this interesting theme? We suggest you start with the greenery (e.g. eucalyptus) and work your way up to flowers in delicate pastel shades (peonies, wild roses and, generally speaking, wild flowers make for excellent options).
• Wedding pies. Forget about the all-too-traditional wedding cake and serve your guests with some mouthwatering homemade pies! They will be a nice surprise and they will go perfectly with your country-themed wedding!
Searching for the very best wedding venues and vendors? Here at Bride World, we have gathered the most exquisite, talented and renowned professionals to help you plan the perfect Big Day – regardless of the theme you choose for it. Come visit us, take a look at our exhibitors and choose the ones who suit you and your wedding style!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Bellafaye GardenBack to Blog
Latest Blog Posts
- Entertain Bridal Shower Guests with These Games
- Trendy 2018 Wedding Favors You Should Consider
- Unique Footwear Ideas for Brides
- In Love with This Year’s Pantone Color? Here Are Some Tips to Incorporate It Into Your Wedding
- Final Month of Planning
- First Phase of Planning (6-8 mos. prior)
- Second Phase of Planning (3 to 12 mos. prior)
- Southern California Bridal Expo
- Third Phase of Planning (2 to 6 mos. prior)
- Wedding Planning Tips
- Wedding Professionals