Guest Lists Can Change – Be Prepared
You have probably planned and re-planned everything (and most likely spent hours making sure everyone attending the wedding will be on the guest list). Yet, extra-guests are always a possibility – whether they forgot to send their RSVP, it got lost, or simply brought an unconfirmed plus-one to the wedding.
What do you do in such situations? How can you prepare to handle them as gracefully as possible? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Order some extra escort cards, in blank. In case unexpected guests appear at the wedding, pull the blank escort cards and write down your extra guest’s name on them, so that they can place the card at their table.
Looking for a wedding stationery designer to provide you with gorgeous day-of stationery, as well as wedding invitations and Save the Date cards? Come visit Bride World’s list of brilliant designers!
- When ordering the food, be sure to add a few extra servings to the final counting. You never know who might show up at the wedding, and not having enough food to serve them will definitely make you feel quite awkward. If nobody unexpected appears at the wedding, you can just share the extra servings with your wedding party, for example.
Haven’t found your wedding catering service yet? Come take a look at Bride World’s catering providers and you will not be disappointed in any way!
- As the wedding day approaches, take a few minutes to look at your seating arrangement. Is there any table where you might be able to squeeze in another chair? Write down these options for your day-of coordinator or Maid of Honor. If someone unexpected shows up at the wedding, your Maid of Honor can simply pull out the list and offer them a seat.
Looking for the most devoted and talented wedding vendors in the USA? Come visit Bride World’s next show, at the OC Fair Event Center Costa Mesa, on the 6th of January 2018! You are guaranteed to find everyone you need here!
Flickr.com/ marc kjerland
Flickr.com/ Richard MuncktonBack to Blog
Latest Blog Posts
- Selecting the Best Wedding Expo to Attend
- Is a Friday Wedding Right For You?
- Dazzle Your Look: What Wedding Jewelry Do You Need?
- What To Expect At A Costa Mesa Bridal Show
- Accessories & Unique Ideas
- Beauty & Health
- Bridal Gift Registries
- Bride World Expo – Show Experiences
- Cakes & Catering
- Final Month of Planning
- First Phase of Planning (6-18 mos. prior)
- Flowers & Decorations
- Invitations & Stationery
- Music & Entertainment
- Photography & Videography
- Rehearsal Dinners & Parties
- Second Phase of Planning (3 to 12 mos. prior)
- Southern California Bridal Expo
- Third Phase of Planning (1 to 3 mos. prior)
- Wedding & Reception Sites
- Wedding Attire
- Wedding Planning Tips
- Wedding Professionals