Keep These Tips in Mind When Negotiating with Vendors
Negotiating the contracts with your wedding vendors is a very, very important element for the Big Day’s success. After all, you want to make sure your vendor contracts are well-priced, you want to make sure you understand all the terms, and you want to make sure the services you are hiring will truly rise to your expectations.
What are some of the most important tips to keep in mind when negotiating with vendors? Read on and find out more.
- Do your homework – not only when it comes to typical vendor contracts in each category, but also when it comes to the market price. The more you know about fair pricing, the more you will be able to negotiate on terms your vendors can agree with. Propose a price that’s too low and you are guaranteed to either get stuck in negotiations or offend your vendors.
Looking for a special photographer or videographer? We highly recommend the specialists gathered in Bride World’s list – they will not disappoint in any way!
- Be nice – and do it genuinely. Your wedding vendors want to help you have a truly magnificent wedding – that’s why they’re in this business, after all. Be firm when negotiating your contracts, ask as many questions as you need, but never forget to be sincere and polite. It can change everything in the way you will further communicate with your wedding specialists!
Still haven’t hired the perfect band, DJ and/or entertainment for your Big Day? Come visit Bride World’s list of awesome wedding entertaining specialists!
- Don’t show you’re not willing to settle on another vendor. Once you do this, you lose the ability to negotiate the contracts on your own ground. When negotiating contracts, your vendors should get a very clear message: you will settle for another if their offer doesn’t meet your expectations and you know another vendor’s would.
Looking for the most talented wedding experts in your area? Come visit Bride World’s next show on September 10, at the Pasadena Convention Center in Los Angeles. You’ll never regret coming here!
Flickr.com/ The Missouri Kintner Clan
Flickr.com/ nparekhcardsBack to Blog
Latest Blog Posts
- Selecting the Best Wedding Expo to Attend
- Is a Friday Wedding Right For You?
- Dazzle Your Look: What Wedding Jewelry Do You Need?
- What To Expect At A Costa Mesa Bridal Show
- Accessories & Unique Ideas
- Beauty & Health
- Bridal Gift Registries
- Bride World Expo – Show Experiences
- Cakes & Catering
- Final Month of Planning
- First Phase of Planning (6-18 mos. prior)
- Flowers & Decorations
- Invitations & Stationery
- Music & Entertainment
- Photography & Videography
- Rehearsal Dinners & Parties
- Second Phase of Planning (3 to 12 mos. prior)
- Southern California Bridal Expo
- Third Phase of Planning (1 to 3 mos. prior)
- Wedding & Reception Sites
- Wedding Attire
- Wedding Planning Tips
- Wedding Professionals