Never Wear These Items to a Wedding
You must be really honored the bride and groom have chosen to invite you to one of the biggest events in their life – but, at the same time, you surely want to make a good impression too. What are some of the clothing items nobody should ever wear to a wedding? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- A white dress. This should come without saying, but you would be surprised how many wedding guests surpass this unwritten wedding etiquette rule and come to a wedding dressed in white… Unless the bride specifically requests this as part of her wedding theme or you know for a fact she won’t wear white (e.g. because she belongs to a culture where wedding dresses are not white), you should absolutely avoid this color for your dress.
Looking for a dress or tuxedo to wear at the wedding? Come visit Bride World’s Wedding Attire section and choose from the very best boutiques in your area!
- Overly provocative or flashy clothes. You are not supposed to attract attention at your friend’s wedding – so we suggest you keep it low-key elegant. Avoid anything that’s too flashy, shows way too much skin, or is simply not suitable for a wedding (be it elegant or casual).
No bridal registry to guide you through the difficult process of choosing a wedding gift? Come visit Bride World’s Bridal Gift providers and pick one that will surely impress the couple!
- Clothes that are not coordinated with the dress code. It is very important to understand what each dress code means and what you are allowed to wear – otherwise, you might end up feeling severely under-dressed (or even over-dressed). Read the invitation and learn about the dress code imposed by the couple, then make sure you understand exactly what you are supposed to wear.
Are the bride and groom still searching for wedding vendors that are truly dedicated? Tell them about Bride World and our next show on July 22-23 at the L.A. Convention Center! They will never regret joining us!
Flickr.com/ Payton Chung
Flickr.com/ Nichole_RowbottomBack to Blog
Latest Blog Posts
- Entertain Bridal Shower Guests with These Games
- Trendy 2018 Wedding Favors You Should Consider
- Unique Footwear Ideas for Brides
- In Love with This Year’s Pantone Color? Here Are Some Tips to Incorporate It Into Your Wedding
- Final Month of Planning
- First Phase of Planning (6-8 mos. prior)
- Second Phase of Planning (3 to 12 mos. prior)
- Southern California Bridal Expo
- Third Phase of Planning (2 to 6 mos. prior)
- Wedding Planning Tips
- Wedding Professionals