Top Tips to Know When Planning the Perfect Engagement Party
Getting engaged is such a big, beautiful moment in your life – so you naturally want to celebrate it together with your loved ones! Of course, planning a pretty engagement party is one of the first things to think of when you say “yes” to your engagement ring – but what are some of the most important etiquette rules to keep in mind about this? We’ve gathered them right below – so read on and find out more.
- Generally, engagement parties aren’t dominated by a lot of rules. They are usually smaller and more intimate than actual weddings (and in most cases, they’re even smaller than rehearsal dinners). But if there’s one rule you absolutely have to obey it’s this: whoever is invited to this party MUST be invited to the wedding as well – and there’s no way you can compromise on this if you don’t want to make people feel bad or awkward.
Remember, once your engagement party is over, it’s time to start searching for your wedding venue (if you haven’t done this already). Here at Bride World, we have gathered a splendid list of banquet facilities – so don’t forget to check us out!
- Gifts aren’t expected at this kind of events. Still, given this is a huge milestone in your life, many of your guests will not want to come without a gift. Make their lives easier by setting up a basic wedding registry they can pick gifts from – they will be more than grateful for this.
Want to hire a DJ for your engagement party, so that everyone has the time of their lives? Contact any of the So-Cal wedding and event entertainment specialists in our list at Bride World – you won’t regret it!
- Toasts aren’t expected at engagement parties either. However, some of the people invited might want to give a speech. If you know any of your friends is passible of saying bad jokes (especially after a couple of drinks), remember to talk to them and tell them you wouldn’t appreciate inappropriate stories and anything along those lines. They will definitely respect your choice!
Looking for the most amazing wedding specialists in all of So-Cal? They’re all here, at Bride World! Come visit us at our next event at the L.A. Convention Center on July 21st and July 22nd . The best of the best have gathered here – so you will never regret attending our bridal show! Come visit us and start working with talented, dedicated wedding vendors in your area!
Flickr.com/ Shelley N.Back to Blog
Latest Blog Posts
- Reception Venue Highlights Alta Vista Country Club
- You look your best. Capture it!
- Planning Ideas and Decorating Inspiration with Plexi Palace
- Find out the wedding music trends at Bride World
- Accessories & Unique Ideas
- Beauty & Health
- Bridal Gift Registries
- Bride World Expo – Show Experiences
- Cakes & Catering
- Final Month of Planning
- First Phase of Planning (6-18 mos. prior)
- Flowers & Decorations
- Invitations & Stationery
- Music & Entertainment
- Photography & Videography
- Rehearsal Dinners & Parties
- Second Phase of Planning (3 to 12 mos. prior)
- Southern California Bridal Expo
- Third Phase of Planning (1 to 3 mos. prior)
- Wedding & Reception Sites
- Wedding Attire
- Wedding Planning Tips
- Wedding Professionals